Foreign Per Diem RatesEstablished monthly by the Office of Allowances as maximum U.S. dollar rates for reimbursement of government civilians traveling on official business.
Travel Tips & Recommendations
- Make copies of travel documents! Always make photo copies – color are best – of your passport photo pages and the fronts and backs of all the credit cards you will be traveling with. If anything gets lost or stolen, this will make reporting the loss much easier.
- Check in for flights at home. Did you know you can check in online 24 hours before your flight departs even if you’re checking bags?
- Wondering where to park at DTW? Get coupons and make reservations for a less stressful airport experience. Airlines Parking, Qwik Park, & U.S. Park lots are open 24/7/365 and offer both valet and self park options.
- Do I really need trip insurance? At Gateway Travel, we believe traveling is one of life’s greatest gifts, and we also know unforeseen events can complicate and even stop a trip from happening, no matter how carefully it’s planned. For that reason, we recommend our clients purchase travel protection with Travelex Insurance.
- Manage your cell phone charges. Before traveling internationally, make sure to sign up for international voice and data plans to lower your roaming charges. Get started at WirelessTraveler.com. If you’ll have WiFi, consider downloading Skype to your mobile phone or tablet for even cheaper calls to and from home.
- Adapters are wise – just in case! Our favorite is the 6 piece Adapter Case from Brookstone. It's small, compact, and we always have it in our suitcase – just in case.
28470 13 Mile Rd. #200
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
CONNECT WITH US
Plan your next adventure.
Join our mailing list.
Share a testimonial.
Visit our headquarters.